Chicken rezala as we call it, is also called chicken in Bengal white curry.
Sunday cooking! The kitchen heat is only heat that gives me peace. Today’s dish was on request by my mom, well she deserves these sometimes 😽😽
So I agreed making this, it came out really well and am glad that I haven’t forgot the recipe( it’s been along time actually).
Tender chicken with subtle flavor of this white curry is a delight. .
1. Chicken – preferably legs ( 4 pieces )
2. Onion paste- 2 tbsp
3. Ginger paste- 2 tbsp
4. Garlic paste- 2 tbsp
5. Curd – 4tbsp
6. Coriander powder – 1.5 tbsp
7. Cashew paste – 1 tbsp
8. Charmagoj ( melon seeds ) paste- 1tbsp
9. Poppy seed paste : 2tbsp
10. Bay leaves
11. Cinnamon sticks, cloves, cardamom , black pepper corn ( Garam masala )
13. Ghee ( clarified butter )- 1tbsp
15. Onions chopped ( for beresta )
16. Salt, sugar
How I make it :
1. Clean the chicken pieces and marinate for a minimum of an hour with, onion, ginger, garlic paste, curd and salt.
2. Heat up oil and fry the chopped onions till they turn dark brown. Keep the beresta aside.
3. Heat oil and ghee together, add
Garam masala, and bay leaves , wait till the flavors come out.
4. Add the chicken pieces at medium flame, add cashew, melon seeds, poppy seeds and coriander, sugar, chillies.
5. After a minute or two, cover the the pan completely after adding a bit of water. Seal the pan ( not a pressure cooker please!!! ). Keep it like this on low flame for 20 minutes.
6. Remove the cover, reduce the gravy as you wish. Add beresta.
7. Garnish with more beresta. And you are ready to go.
Goes amazingly with rice or paratha.