This might sound like the common pepper chicken that we get at any oriental food joint but let me assure you this is not. A completely different recipe from my friend Soumyasis, which I modified to play with our taste buds more.
Well this one has only one important ingredient that’s black pepper, and alot of it is needed. And I can tell you its not going to be too spicy but a warm one indeed. I made this last Sunday which was a rainy one, because I felt like treating myself.
I also made the rice to go with it , and I will attach a small recipe for it too at the end so stay tuned.
Things you will need-
- Green chillies ( deseeded if you like)
- Red chilli powder
- Coriander powder
- Cumin powder
- Garlic paste
- Ginger crushed/paste
- Black pepper- ground, and you will need a lot of it
- Refined oil
How I make it –
- Take chicken, marinate with vineger, garlic paste, green chillies, coriander powder, cumin powder, red chilli powder, a bit of black pepper, and salt to taste, for about an hour.
- Heat up a pan, add butter and some refined oil or any neutral oil. Add red chillies, garlic paste, grated ginger. And add the chicken
- Fry them, at nearly high flame, till grilled marks appear. Cover the chicken pieces with black pepper powder. On both sides. And keep on frying
- After about 7-10mins, add water or stock to it and let it simmer.
- Take it down after 5-10mins .
- Add oregano.
For the butter rice –
- Take a pan, heat up and add generous amount of butter.
- Add red chilli, chopped garlic,
- Add boiled and cooled rice.
- Add sugar and a little bit of salt
- Add your mixed herbs ( I added rosemerry, parsley, basil and thyme )
- Stir for a while and it’s ready
The subtle and sweet buttery rice goes really well with the chicken..
Please try the recipe, and let me know in the comments below.
And if you like my recipes keep visiting and follow my blog. Thank you.love you all. 😻