One of these monsoon evenings when I was sick and hungry and no one was home , I decided to give this a try. What can be more comforting than a soup? I was not in a mood to go out to get me a sachet of those ready to make soups, so I tried this recipe.
Things you will need
- Sweet corn- 1cup
- Milk- 1cup
- Garlic- 3cloves
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Red chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper
How I make it,
- Boil the corn in water with salt,1tsp butter, 2tbsp milk, till the kernels Start to come of
- Blend the corn in a blender with 1/3rd of the liquid
- In a pan heat up butter
- Add chopped garlic , fry , but be careful so that it does not change color
- Add the corn mixture
- Add milk
- Let it simmer , you may add water according to the consistency you need
- Add salt, sugar, oregano and chilli flakes
- Serve hot with bread sticks or croutons.
I know it may not be the healthiest soup but it’s definitely a soulful one.
Do give it a try, and let me know, if you like my recipes do like , share and follow