One can never say they don’t like pancakes. Neither will I. But even few years ago I was unaware of how it tastes, you can blame it on my ignorance ofcourse. But I had my first pancakes about 3years ago at a cafe which is very close to my heart. ( Will write a blog post later on that). So finally I decided to make pancakes at home.
Let me be honest, the recipe is not exactly mine. I searched on YouTube for easy recipes and I came across this one, and obviously I did improvise.
Things you will need,
- Flour – 200gs
- Eggs – 2
- Milk- 250 ml
- Butter- melted at room temperature -50gs
- Sugar- 50gs
- Baking powder – 2tsp
- Vanilla essence/ extract
- For the toffee sauce-
- Butter – 50gs
- Sugar – 50gs
- Fresh cream – 100ml
How I made ,
- Beat the eggs well with sugar
- Add melted butter, vanilla essence and beat
- Add milk and mix
- In a separate bowl, sieve flour an baking powder.
- Gradually add, the flour mixture to the liquids and keep on mixing so that no lumps are left.
- You can adjust the consistency with milk and flour. It should be medium runny.
- In a pan, or skillet heat oil(only to line the pan), and add the spoonful of mixture. Let it bubble for few seconds and flip it. Transfer it to a plate.
- Keep on repeating till there is no batter left and you end up with a stack ( I made 10pancakes from this mixture)
- For the toffee sauce- click this link – toffee topped oreo-mocha cheesecake
- Pour the sauce over your pancake stack. Drizzle some chocolate sauce and a cube of butter ( sorry in the picture the butter melted).
Ah, the best breakfast is ready. Also it makes a good dessert.
So try out this recipe and do let me know how it turned out.
If you like my posts please like, subscribed and reblog. Love you all.
Also follow my Instagram handle- @petuk_bong for more food feeds