Amritsar, hearing the name the first thing that strikes our head is the mighty golden temple. For last few weeks we have been planning a trip which starts from this gorgeous city. While my friends are busy checking out places to see, I have been fantasizing about the food. Punjabi food have always been a weakness for me, I am sure its true for alot of people. I love the way the spiciness of the dishes are balanced by cream or curd and the dash of desi ghee ( clarified butter ) is almost always there to complement it. Hence today’s recipe is a kick starter for me to plan my trip and also it marks my obsession with punjabi food. Though this dish is very popular in food joints in kolkata, but my recipe is a bit different as I have tried to keep it light yet spicy and tasty.
so lets get started,
Things you will need ,
- Chicken – 200 gs
- Ginger paste- 4tsp
- Garlic paste – 4 tsp
- Green chilli paste – 4 tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1 tbsp ( can be substituted with kashmiri mirch )
- Coriander powder- 2 tbsp
- Roasted cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Chat masala- 1 tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Pepper – to taste
- Kasturi Methi ( fenugreek leaves )- 1 tbsp
- Butter milk- 1 cup
- Ghee ( clarified butter ) – 1 tbsp
- Oil- 1 tbsp
- Tomato ketchup- 2 tbsp
- Vinegar – 1 tbsp
How I made it ,
- take the chicken pieces, add red chilli powder, coriander powder, chat masala, salt, pepper, 1/2 tbsp kasturi methi. Rub the spices well on the pieces.
- add 1/2 tbsp oil, vinegar, 2 tsp ginger paste, 2 tsp garlic paste, green chilli paste and mix well, and marinate for 1-2 hours
- heat oil, add rest of the ginger , garlic pastes to it, add the chicken pieces. fry adt high flame for 5-6 mins. reduce the flame to medium, add rest of coriander powder, add ketchup. add a cup of water. Let it simmer.
- add buttermilk carefully, add ghee and kasturi methi. let it simmer for 5-6 mins fully covered.
- take it off the flame, garnish with few kasturi methi ( or coriander leaves )
- goes really well with nan bread or steamed rice 🙂
Do try out the recipe, and let me know how did you like it.
and if you like my recipes do repress, share, like , comment and follow me.
you can check out my facebook page, ( look for the widget ) also follow me on instagram @petuk_bong
love you all 🙂