As said, it’s a dish of paneer or cottage cheese in a spinach puree. It’s a favourite North Indian winter delicacy. Simple, yet flavourful. The luscious green gravy playing with white creamy paneer cubes is a feast for the eyes.
So lets get started
Things you will need,
- Cottage cheese ( full cream ) – 200gms , cubed
- Spinach – 500gms
- Onion- 1 large – chopped
- Tomato- 1 large – chopped
- Chillies – 8-10
- Ginger paste – 1 tbsp
- Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Roasted cumin powder – 1tbsp
- Coriander powder – 2tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 2tsp
- Tomato ketchup – 2tbsp
- Whole Garam masala- cloves, cinnamon and cardamom
- Dried red chillies – 2-3
- Milk – 2tbsp ( or fresh cream )
- Kasturi methi – 1tsp
How I made it,
- Boil the spinach and two green chillies, drain and make into a paste in grinder.
- Heat oil, add Garam masala and dried red chillies
- Add onions and fry till translucent
- Add ginger and garlic pastes
- Add tomato and green chillies
- Add salt and pepper and sugar and stir well till the vegetables are cooked
- Add , cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder and stir till it starts to leave oil around the edges.
- Add tomato ketchup
- Add spinach puree and adjust the seasoning
- When the raw smell of spinach goes away, add the paneer cubes
- Add milk/ fresh cream. Stir, and add kasturi methi.
- Take it off flame and add a dollop of butter.
- Serve with paratha, or rice with pickles
Sorry for being inconsistent because of my upcoming exams. But stay tuned readers.
Also if you love my recipes do share , like and reblog. And follow me on Instagram @petuk_bong