Hello readers. I know it’s middle of the week but I could not help but sharing this recipe.
Well, to begin with let me give a disclaimer, this recipe is solely developed by me and I don’t claim it to be authentic. I named it so, as I tried to capture the middle eastern richness in this luscious dish which is also veg ( as I used cottage cheese, but you can replace it with chicken). Though this recipe has many layers of flavours some which are purely north Indian. But my family loved it, I am sure you will too.
So let’s get started,
Things you will need,
- Paneer/ cottage cheese – 200gm – cubed
- Onion – 1 large – chopped
- Tomato – 1 large- boiled, peeled and pureed
- Ginger paste – 1 tbsp
- Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Cumin powder – 2tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1tbsp
- Poppy seed paste – 2tbsp
- Tahini sauce – 2tbsp
- Tomato ketchup- 2tbsp
- Curd ( hung ) – ½ cup
- Cloves- 2-3
- Cardamom- 2
- Cinnamon- 1 stick ( 3 cm )
- Sultana / black resins/ normal resins
- Kasturi methi – a pinch or two
How I made it,
- Add salt, chilli powder and sugar to paneer cubes and keep them for a while
- Heat oil , fry the cubes till edges turn brown. And put them right away in a bowl of cold water
- In the oil, add cloves, cardamom and cinnamon
- Add onions till translucent
- Add ginger and garlic paste, saute till it leaves oil at the edges
- Add tomato puree and ketchup
- Add poppy seed paste, cumin powder, red chilli powder.
- Add water, just to deglaze the pan. Some more if you need gravy
- Add tahini sauce
- Season with salt, pepper and sugar
- Lower the flame, and carefully add curd. Do not stir much. Adjust the taste with sugar depending on the sourness of curd.
- Add resins. And add the paneer cubes
- Let it simmer for a minute or two
- Add Kasturi methi and take off the flame.
- Ready to be served with naan.
PS: if you are using chicken, marinate it with vinegar and salt and pepper. Fry it, and keep aside. And add it after tomato puree. Rest will be same.
So give it a try and do let me know how it turned out.
If you like this recipe, comment, like, repress, and follow
Follow me on Instagram @petuk_bong