Hello readers, now I am free again and I promise to spoil you with lots of new recipes.
i will begin with this recipe which literally translates into chicken cooked in green spice mixture. This recipe is a southern modification of the famous northern cuisine called hariyali chicken. I promise this is a way lighter version of it, and tastes totally different and goes really easy on your palate. the taste and texture of the dish is rich in its own unique way. the most important thing that attracted me most about the dish is the little variety of spices required to make it. Without further a do, lets get started
Things you will need,
- Chicken : 300 gm
- Vinegar : half cup
- Green chilies : 4-5 chopped
- Coriander leaves : ( fresh ) : 1 cup
- Mint leaves ( fresh ) : 1/2 cup
- Parsley leaves ( fresh ) : 1/2 cup
- Coconut powder : 2/3 cup ( I used ready made ones, you can go for desiccated ones as well , even fresh coconut will taste good too )
- onion : 2 chopped
1 made into rings
- garlic paste : 1/2 tbsp
- cardamom : 2-3
- cloves : 2-3
- black pepper : well you will need a lot of it
How I made it,
- clean the chicken, and marinate it with vinegar, black pepper, salt and 1 tsp of green chilies for 10-15 minutes
- in a blender, add the herbs, rest of the chilies, coconut , black pepper and a little bit of water and blend it into a smooth paste
- heat oil, and add cardamom and cloves , partly crushed
- add chopped onions, and fry till translucent
- add chicken and fry at high flame till edges turn brown
- add the green paste ( hara masala ) to it and stir well, adjust the seasoning , you may add red chilli flakes if you like it spicier like me.
- add a cup of water at high flame and let it boil for a minute
- add onion rings and more black pepper ( 2 tsp ) and cover it, and let it simmer on low flame for 5 more minutes
- wallah! you are ready to serve it with Indian bread or rice or pulao.
PS : this spice mix is very versatile you can cook mutton and fish with it too.
well, so try it out and let me know how it turned out.
if you like it, like, repress and comment.
watch out for the video at my instagram handle @petuk_bong or on my facebook page by the same name. love you.