Hello readers, today let us indulge in dark gooeyi goodness of chocolate with this very very simple recipe. This recipe is originally by Nigella Lawson, herself. I can’t take credit for this, but i surely want to grab this opportunity to bring this recipe to you all.
I will just start with the recipe now,
Things that are needed,
- Oreo cookies ( or any chocolate biscuit) : 12
- Butter ( if unsalted, you will need added salt ) : 50 gm
- Fresh cream : 200 mL
- Sugar : 4 tbsp
- Cocoa powder : 2 tbsp
- Instant coffee powder : 2 tsp
- Dark chocolate ( slightly sweetened ) : 125 gms – chopped
- Vanilla essence : 1 tsp
- Olive oil / any flavorless oil : 2 tbsp
- Corn starch : 2 tsp
- milk : 1 tbsp
How i made it,
- Grind chocolate biscuits/ oreo in a food processor
- when finely ground, add butter ( if unslated add salt ) and mix it well till the mixture starts to come together
- take a tart tin or a loose bottom tart tin ( 9″ diameter ), pour the mixture, level with a back of spoon and along the sides. Freeze overnight for best results.
- mix, corn starch and milk and keep aside.
- Take a deep pan, add fresh cream, vanilla, sugar, cocoa powder, oil and dark chocolate. Put it on low flame and stir slowly but continuously. When the mixture starts turning dark and smooth add the slaked corn starch, and continue stirring. when the mix turns thick ( easily understood, when a mark made on the back of the spoon stays like that ).
- Take it off the flame and keep aside. Cover it with wet butter paper, and keep it till comes to room temperature.
- Pour the mixture on the frozen tart, and keep in the freezer for a good 2-4 hours.
Well this is the most simple and amazing thing I have created. I strongly recommend it.
If you like my posts, like share and comment.
follow me on instagram : @petuk_bong